Have you taken advantage of the current Home Performance with Energy Star (HPwES) rebates?
If not, now is the time to act!
With this great program available now, there’s no better time to save money on monthly energy bills and get a rebate to help offset your upfront investment.
Here is what you need to know:
- Rebates are performance-based (the amount of the rebate is based on the energy saved due to the upgrades).
- To access available rebates, your home must have a pre-upgrade energy audit performed by a participating contractor. Your out-of-pocket cost under this program is $100. The balance is covered by the utilities.
- Current rebates can be up to 75% of the cost of the improvements based on the level of energy improvements, with a maximum rebate of $7500.00.
- Rebates are paid for air sealing, insulation, and duct sealing.
- Rebates are paid for HVAC replacements ONLY when the replacement is done in combination with air sealing and insulation. DO NOT REPLACE YOUR HVAC SYSTEM WITHOUT TALKING WITH DEVERE INSULATION HOME PERFORMANCE! We will help you get your maximum rebate.
Right now utilities are paying the highest available rates for savings! But this will change soon!
- Electricity: Utility rebates can range from $.12 – $.18 per MMBTU of savings of KWH.
- Gas/Oil/Propane: Utility rebates can range $.02 – $.08 per Therm of savings.
Don’t Wait!! Why waste money on high monthly energy bills when these great rebates are available? Our team will walk you through the process to ensure you earn the highest rebate possible! Call our office at 443-770-1111 today!
The utility rebate program that has been available through Home Performance with Energy Star is changing next month. If you have not yet taken advantage of rebates, please read on.
The rebates will soon shift to focus on electric savings, which in most cases will affect the amount of your rebate.
Here’s are the basics you need to know:
- If you have a home heated with natural gas, propane, or oil, the dollar amount of your available rebate WILL BE DECREASING. In order to move your project through the existing program with the higher rebate amount, you will need to ACT QUICKLY. All work through the old program will need to be complete through DeVere Insulation Home Performance by July 15th for us to meet the rebate program deadline for the old rebate program.
- If you have an all-electric home, the rebate amounts are going to be fluctuating as well. In some cases they will go down and in others, they will go up. Call DeVere Insulation Home Performance to discuss your options and determine the best timing to do your project to maximize your rebate.
- If you plan to replace your current HVAC system AND do air sealing and insulation work, there will now be additional rebates available to you. Call DeVere Insulation Home Performance to discuss. This applies to homes with natural gas heating, electric heating (heat pump), and all homes with central air conditioning.
Contact us to learn more.
Energy upgrades are a great way to save money on your energy bills and make your home or business more comfortable. While the investment saves money over the long term, the initial investment can cause people to hold off on performing these upgrades.
There are a variety of local rebates available to offset the cost of energy upgrades. Rebates are available through local utilities including BGE, Pepco and Potomac Edison. There may be other rebates available to you – and we have a resource to help you find these.
DSIRE is a resource available through the N.C. Clean Energy Technology Center at N.C. State University. Funded by the Department of Energy, DSIRE provides a comprehensive list of rebates and incentives available by zip code. Simply enter your zip code to access a complete list of rebates and incentives available to you.
In addition these programs, you can finance your energy upgrades and make the investment even more reasonable.
Have questions? Ready to get started on your upgrades? Contact our office today!